We all know the standard stuff that every Christian should be grateful for on Thanksgiving (salvation, family, friends, church, country, etc.) And I am deeply grateful for all these blessings. You can also add to my “grateful for…” list my amazing staff at Dare 2 Share, youth leaders who prioritize evangelism in their discipleship efforts, fired up teenagers ready to take their schools for Christ and so much more.
But this Thanksgiving, in addition to the normal stuff, I thought that it would be fun to share with you 10 weird little things I’m thankful for as well. So here it goes…
1. The fact that Starbucks‘ baristas gladly double cup my coffee so I don’t burn my sensitive hands (and, yes, I use a sleeve too.)
2. Costco free samples
3. Old Red Vines that have become hardened over time. For some reason they taste way better that way (to me anyway!)
4. Aisle seats on the left side of airplanes (my bum right knee gets to stretch in the aisle!)
5. When I get some of my wife’s Chapstick on my lips (kill two birds with one kiss!)
6. The fact that I own no piece of clothing with Fleece on it. The feel of fleece, for whatever reason, hurts my teeth.
7. The scan button on my car radio
8. When my kids ask me to have another pie fight (we had one in our front yard a few years ago and they still talk about it!)
9. Relaxed fit jeans (okay “super relaxed”)
10. Discovering old gum in a jacket I wore last winter
What weird little things are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?