Today we are packing up and heading home. Well at least my family is…after they drop me off at the airport. I have some meetings in Chicago and then go off to Creation Festival to speak. It’s been a GREAT and FUN family vacation complete with great times, good food, lots of laughter and our share of Stier family intensity.
All us Stiers are very intense people. Yeah, you know about me. But you probably don’t know that my sweet little wife can more than hold her own. She also loves to make the kids laugh (and she is very funny!) Jeremy has been nicknamed “The Hurricane” by my Uncle Dave. This is the same kid that pulled the fire alarm at the airport when he was three. He has been playing tricks on us all week and making us laugh. And let’s just say that our sweet little Kailey has got more than enough spice to go with that sweet. She also loves to sing “Itsy bitsy spider” and “rain, rain go away” at random times and for no apparent reason (But it cracks us all up!) Put all that together and you have a vacation packed with lots of laughter and lots of action! Here’s just a few of the things we were able to do:
• Stay with my Uncle Jack and Aunt Earlene for a few days eating good food, hiking beautiful trails and hearing great Uncle Jack stories!
• Go ATVing in the mountains near Redstone, Colorado.
• Go hiking to three different, beautiful rivers in The Rocky Mountain National Park.
• Spend time in Marble, Colorado marveling at the marble (yes, that’s why the city was named “Marble”…huge chunks of it everywhere!)
• Shop for nicknacks, trinkets and toys in Estes Park.
• Get one of those pictures taken of your family dressed up as Old West desperados (It’s kind of scary how we all look like we fit the bill!)
• Visit “downtown” Carbondale and get educated on this mining town’s rough and tumble past.
• Spend time at a mini-amusement park racing go karts, racing down a huge slide and spinning and soaking in the bumper boats.
• Praise God together as a family for his beautiful creation! I’m so glad to be living in Colorado. Everyday here is a reminder of his awesome creative power!
It’s been a great week.