1. Tweet “The blood Jesus shed was RED, so that your sins could be made WHITE and you could stop being BLUE.”
2. Sing “God bless America…if she repents” at a family gathering.
3. After a fireworks show stand up and yell “That ain’t nothing!” then read the book of Revelaton out loud.
4. Dress up like the Statue of Liberty, stand on a busy corner and scream, “You want liberty? I’ll show you liberty!” then shower the crowd with Gospels of John.
5. Make a special 4th of July cake. Burn it, cover it in frosting and serve it to a lost person. When they bite into it say, “That’s what your sin tastes like to God.”
6. Set off M-80s in the middle of your neighborhood at midnight while screaming, “That is the sound of the footsteps of God’s judgment coming ever closer!”
7. Walk up to a stranger with a lit sparkler in your hand and say, “If I could tell you how you can know you have eternal life in heaven before this sparkler dies out would that be good news?” (on second thought I may have tried that once!)
Obviously these are some bad ideas for sharing your faith on this important holiday. Want a good idea for sharing the good news on Independence Day? How about just engage in a conversation with someone and gently turn the subject toward Jesus? Here’s a simply way do just that. You can also download the free Life in 6 Words app and just walk someone through it.
What are some other bad ideas for sharing your faith on the 4th of July?